Spiced Honey Almond Pancakes with Maple Syrup and Apples
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 T honey
- 3/4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t ginger
- 1/8 t cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 T butter, melted
- 1 T butter for cooking pancakes
- Combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a medium mixing bowl and set aside to "sour".
- Combine flour, honey, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 T butter. Using a gravy ladle, pour batter onto the skillet to about a 3" size pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Gently flip with a spatula and cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve with warm maple syrup, toasted almonds and sliced apples.