Sunday, May 8, 2011

Orange Walnut Vinaigrette

I went hiking in the mountains with my middle daughter, Melanie, today.  As we were hiking back down the mountain she mentioned that she was hungry and began planning dinner.  I knew I had salad greens in the fridge and then decided to make my own vinaigrette with oranges and walnut oil.  So when we returned home the plan was executed.  Here is the recipe:

Orange Walnut Vinaigrette

Juice of 1 fresh squeezed orange (about 2-3 oz)
4-5 oz walnut oil
1 T maple syrup
1 T fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and White Pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid.  Shake until well mixed.  Serve.  Keeps in the fridge for 1 week.

Drizzle vinaigrette over your favorite greens, add 1 T hemp seeds and shaved parmesan cheese.  YUM!

This is a mild vinaigrette, if you prefer it to be more acidic add a splash of raw apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
-------------------------------------------------

Bonus:  Pics from my hike today!  I LOVE hiking in the Rockies!!!  We hiked 5 miles today!




3 comments:

  1. Chef Penni, your salad dressing sounds delicious and those photos are wonderful. This is my first visit here but it will not be my last. I love the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! Cooking is my form of therapy! I especially love cooking for my health!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds soo delicious, thank you for sharing! Looking forward to future posts! :)
    http://www.cookskinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete