Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kale Salad

Kale Salad w/Coconut Chicken
Tonight I made the Kale Salad from Heidi Swanson's new cookbook "Super Natural Every Day".  I HIGHLY recommend this recipe.  I added toasted walnuts and coconut chicken for a complete meal but it's totally optional.  

I was testing out this recipe for our graduation.  We're making about 10 hors d'oeuvres and thought we would stuff mushrooms with this salad and top it with a little parmesan cheese.  Broiled to perfection!

Did you know that Kale is one of the most nutrient dense veggies on the planet!  Check out this web site for more details...

http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=38

2 comments:

  1. The salad looks so delicious. I liked the fact that you added your touch in it. I always do the same when I cook :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this salad is very delicious! Thanks you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete